A free, light-hearted, folky, acoustic concert/cabaret . . .
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three new shows each year. Loosely Woven is the main reason Gial and I bought the former Allambie Heights Uniting Church and established Humph Hall in the first place.
There will be 6 public performances including one here at Humph Hall. See the Loosely Woven web site for details of the other performances.
The concert will feature 18 instrumentalists and singers.
- All I have to do is dream (The Everly Brothers)
- And this is my beloved (from 'Kismet')
- Helpless (Neil Young)
- Let it go (from 'Frozen')
- And so it goes (Billy Joel)
- Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
- Ombra Mai Fu (from Handel's 'Xerxes')
- Please Mister Postman (The Beatles)
- Malaika (a Swahili song)
- Wellerman (New Zealand folksong)
- Don't mess with my Toot Toot (fun American song)
- Far from home (beautiful song by Graham Moore - from his 'Toldpuddle Martyrs' musical)
- Stop Burning Coal (Climate change action words set to Anna Smyrk's wonderful 'Home' song)
- The Olive Tree (traditional Chinese song)
- Wired & Awake (gorgeous song by the amazing Rachel Collis)
- You'd be surprised! (an hilarious duet made famous by Boris Karloff & Rosemary Clooney)
"I LOVE being moved by the beautiful and varied song choices, stunning arrangements, the message of the songs and the emotional connection to the songs."
" . . . this fascinating and fun-filled group provided an excellent afternoon of entertainment!"
"Once again a great performance. I have seen performances by choirs this year and they are not a patch on your concert . . . the quality of the performance was exceptional this year. I have never met anyone who did not leave one of your concerts without their spirits greatly uplifted."
"Loosely Woven is unique. An amoebic mass of performing musicians, singers and dancers who range from absolute beginners to the classically trained and even boasting a music professor. The group, ranging in age from 20 to 70, ebbs and flows with a constant influx of newcomers, frequent recidivists and a small core of foundation members."
"Loosely Woven groupies never know what the next concert will bring, and that's the way we like it! Keep your eyes peeled for the next one and make a big effort to attend – you won't regret it!"