A free, light-hearted, folky, acoustic concert/cabaret . . .
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three new shows each year. Loosely Woven is the main reason Gial and I bought the former Allambie Heights Uniting Church and established Humph Hall in the first place.
There will be 6 public performances including two here at Humph Hall. See the Loosely Woven web site for details of the other performances.
The concert will feature 20 instrumentalists and singers.
- Away in a manger (Trad. Normandy tune)
- The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole)
- In the bleak midwinter (Gustav Holst)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Panis Angelicus
- Happy Christmas (War is over) (John Lennon)
- The First Nowell (with a stunning flute instrumental)
- Santa Baby (Marilyn Monroe)
- O Holy Night
- Silent Night (stunningly beautiful Renaissance Players arrangement)
- Panxolina (a Spanish carol)
- The Rebel Jesus (Jackson Browne)
- All in the morning
- Rudolph the Hoofer (Minnie the Moocher parody)
- Fairy (based on Rod Stewart's 'Sailing')
- Santa Claus is coming to town (with three Santas!)
- Grandma got run over by a reindeer
"I LOVE being moved by the beautiful and varied song choices, stunning arrangements, the message of the songs and the emotional connection to the songs."
" . . . this fascinating and fun-filled group provided an excellent afternoon of entertainment!"
"Once again a great performance. I have seen performances by choirs this year and they are not a patch on your concert . . . the quality of the performance was exceptional this year. I have never met anyone who did not leave one of your concerts without their spirits greatly uplifted."
"Loosely Woven is unique. An amoebic mass of performing musicians, singers and dancers who range from absolute beginners to the classically trained and even boasting a music professor. The group, ranging in age from 20 to 70, ebbs and flows with a constant influx of newcomers, frequent recidivists and a small core of foundation members."
"Loosely Woven groupies never know what the next concert will bring, and that's the way we like it! Keep your eyes peeled for the next one and make a big effort to attend – you won't regret it!"