A free, light-hearted, folky sort of acoustic concert/cabaret . . .
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three brand new shows each year. 'Dreams' is the second of these for 2014 with 26 instrumentalists and singers. 'Dreams' is named after a song by one of Australia's and Humph Hall's most popular singer/songwriters, Pat Drummond.
The program will be the usual eclectic mix with a number of well known songs including:
- ‘Don’t cry for me Argentina’, from Evita
- Simon & Garfunkel’s iconic ‘Bridge over trouble water’
- the hilarious Flanders & Swann classic, ‘Hippopotamus Song'
- George Harrison’s ‘My Sweet Lord’
- Crowded House’s song ‘Fall at your feet'
- the Queen song ‘Somebody to Love’
- the Electric Light Orchestra’s hit, ‘Rockaria’
- ’Turn the world around', Harry Belafonte’s song of rebirth
- ‘Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears’, the song made famous by the Irish Tenors celebrating the ’New World’
- ’Sit down you’re rocking the boat’ (from ‘Guys & Dolls’)
As well as a number of lesser known songs including:
- ‘Wollemi Pine’, a beautiful Tom Bridges a cappella arrangement of the famous Denis Kevans/Sonia Bennett song
- Nana Mouskouri’s ‘Mamma’
- Sarah McLachlan’s beautiful song ‘Angel’
- Pat Drummond’s ‘Dreams’
- And many more.
Instruments this time will include violins, viola, flutes, harps, xylophone, glockenspiel, guitars, mandolin, concertinas, keyboard and percussion.
" . . . this fascinating and fun-filled group provided an excellent afternoon of entertainment!"
"Once again a great performance. I have seen performances by choirs this year and they are not a patch on your concert . . . the quality of the performance was exceptional this year. I have never met anyone who did not leave one of your concerts without their spirits greatly uplifted."
"Loosely Woven is unique. An amoebic mass of performing musicians, singers and dancers who range from absolute beginners to the classically trained and even boasting a music professor. The group, ranging in age from 20 to 70, ebbs and flows with a constant influx of newcomers, frequent recidivists and a small core of foundation members."
"Loosely Woven groupies never know what the next concert will bring, and that's the way we like it! Keep your eyes peeled for the next one and make a big effort to attend – you won't regret it!"
It brings me so much JOY to see you all enjoying yourselves and to watch talented singers/musicians blossom into performers.
I LOVE that everyone brings their own colour to the bigger picture of Loosely Woven.
I LOVE watching you all live your passion. You inspire me.
Thank you so much for letting me "dance like no one is watching" to My Sweet Lord. I felt so free.